Wednesday, September 8, 2010
My Quilt
When I got to Houston I was looking for jobs and trying to get interviews, but I also realized that I was going to have a lot of time on my hands while John was at school. One of my new friends here, Mariah, talked about how she loves to quilt and joked that she would teach me how if I wanted to. She was probably surprised when the next day I was like--Ya, I do want to learn. Teach me! And I think that day we went and bought fabric. And it actually went pretty quick with Mariah showing me what to do...and letting me use her sewing machine. : ) I was working on it mostly everyday until I got to the binding at the very end, and then it took me like two weeks...to finish one side. ; ) I guess I figured it was done enough, and I would get to it eventually. But now it is done, and I think it looks pretty cute! John confessed that when he first saw the colors for the middle of the quilt, he wasn't sure how much he liked it (too pastel! But of course he didn't tell me...) But now that it has the borders and it is all done he says he likes it. I like it too! Although I might wait a little bit to start another one. John also might not have been too excited by my quilt, because it is a BABY quilt...and he doesn't want me to get any ideas. haha. Just kidding. ; )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
John is awkward sometimes. Like when babies come up. But sometimes we husbands do have to withhold our true feelings for the sake of our tender wives ;) I hope your first-born child is a girl. For the child's sake.
ReplyDeleteHaha. Well, I was informed that this quilt could only be a girl quilt. I was trying to say it could be a girl or boy one...So again for our child's sake, I hope it is a girl. :) Or I could just make another quilt. But we'll see.
ReplyDeleteHeather! I am so glad you put up a picture! I think you did a fabulous job.. and you are such a fast learner! :-) I am up for another one, whenever you are!
ReplyDeleteHeath!
ReplyDeleteI think your quilt is absolutely adorable! Nice work :)