Monday, July 23, 2012

Suturing!


John was on his surgery rotation and he had just had some classes on how to suture, so he had me buy some chicken that he could practice suturing on. He put on his gloves and got all his instruments and then he decided there wasn't enough light in the kitchen, so he went and found a headlight my dad got us and he was all set to go.


It was great to hear him explaining to me how to hold the needle and how to stitch and where to use the forceps, and I wanted to videotape him for future generations (haha) but when I turned the video camera on he stopped. Oh well. 

Then I got a turn to try out all the new skills John taught me. John is pretty much a suturing pro, so how could his student not be exceptional too?

2 comments: